* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 cup diced apple without peel
* 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar. Beat in the eggs until well blended. Combine the flour,
baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture until well blended. Fold in the walnuts, oats, raisens
and apples. Drop dough by spoonfuls about 2 inches onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool on wire racks.
Submitted by Hilda H.