* 1 cup raisins
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 cups quick cooking oats
1. In a small saucepan, combine raisins and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and remove from heat. Preheat oven
to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet. Drain plumped raisins, reserve 6 tablespoons of the liquid.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually add eggs, vanilla, and the 6 tablespoons water from the raisin
pan; mix until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir into the creamed mixture.
Finally, stir in the oats and raisins; mixing until just combined. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, edges should be golden brown.
Submitted by Kyan O.