* 1 cup butter flavored shortening
* 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
* 2 eggs
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Blend in instant pudding,
then beat in eggs until the batter is light and fluffy. Combine flour and baking soda; mix into the batter. Stir in oats and
raisins. Dough will be stiff. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm. Cool on wire racks.
Submitted by Jean H.