* 1/2 cup shortening
* 1 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 cup raisins
* 1 2/3 cups quick cooking oats
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir
in the milk. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Add the raisins and
quick oats; mix until just combined. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing
to a wire rack to cool completely.
submitted by Lily G.