* 1 cup margarine, softened
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup raisins
* 1 cup black walnuts, coarsely ground
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
* 3 cups rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Beat margarine and sugars, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and
spices. Sift and add to the egg mixture. Stir well.
3. Grind the raisins up with 1 teaspoon of sugar until they are in small pieces--not mush! Stir in oats, nuts, raisins
and mix well, drop by tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool 1 minute
and remove to wire rack. When cool store in airtight container. NOTE: You can add butterscotch or chocolate pieces in place
of the raisins.
submitted by Donald C.