A recipe is a set of instructions that show how to prepare or make something.
Modern recipes normally consist of several components:
* The name of the dish,
* How much time it will take to prepare the dish
* The required ingredients along with their quantity
* Equipment and environment needed to prepare the dish
* An ordered list of detailed preparation procedures.
* The number of servings that the dish will give.
* Pan size specified.
* Cooking temperature specified.
* Criteria for cooking time
In the early history of recipes, many of these components were omitted or reduced to a note that required oral instruction,
some of which may only have the name and the ingredients of a dish.
Recipe writers sometimes also list variations of the traditional dish. People have written recipes as recipe cards, recipe
books, recipes worked into needlepoint, and computer recipe databases, among others. Take notes when making your favorite