* 3 cups blanched slivered almonds
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 3 egg whites
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, grind the almonds into a fine meal. Add the sugar and continue to process for another 15 seconds.
Finally, add egg whites and almond extract, continue to process until a smooth dough forms around the blade.
3. Using a teaspoon, place well rounded spoonfuls of dough onto prepared baking sheets. Cookies should be at least
1 1/2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Cookies should be golden. Allow cookies to cool completely
on the paper before removing. Store in a dry place.
Submitted by Robert C.
* 7 egg whites
* 2 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 pounds ground almonds
* 2 tablespoons almond extract
* 1 cup chopped almonds
* 1/3 cup granulated sugar for decoration
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Beat egg whites and sugar until fluffy. Add the ground almond and almond extract, mixing well. Shape dough into
walnut sized balls, roll in sugar and put a piece of almond or candied cherry on top.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees F) until firm. Bottom should be light brown.
Submitted by Valerie B.