1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup applesauce
2 large egg whites
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, butter and applesauce; beat until blended.
Fold in egg whites and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture, oats, chocolate chips and nuts, mixing until thoroughly
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oatmeal
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 3/4 cup granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 cups uncooked rolled oats
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
Sift flour with salt and soda.
Cream shortening and sugars; beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, chopped
walnuts or pecans, rolled oats, and chocolate chips.
Drop chocolate chip cookie batter by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake chocolate chip cookies for about
12 minutes; cool on racks. Makes about 8 dozen chocolate chip cookies.