Award Winning Chocolate Chip Cookies
* 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 cups butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
* 4 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until
blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies
by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
Submitted by Joan G.
Sinful Chocolatechip Cookies
* 2 1/2 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
* 1/2 cup butter
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2/3 cup sour cream
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In the microwave or over a double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate
and butter together, stirring occasionally until smooth. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light. Mix in the chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir
in the sifted ingredients alternately with sour cream, then mix in chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring
to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Submitted by Brenda S.