* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1/4 cup shortening
* 1/4 cup margarine softened
* 1 egg
* 1 1/4 cup flour
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, margarine, and egg. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Heat oven to 375. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in
crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in flour. Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with granulated sugar mixed
with food coloring. Cool 2 minutes then remove from cookie sheet.
Submitted by Annie B.
Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
* 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and
salt; gradually stir into the butter mixture. Mix in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Cool for 1 minute before placing on wire racks to cool completely.
Submitted by Jentri S.